Sunday, March 3, 2019

Why "I'm not a racist" is only half the story - a Big Think video by Robin DiAngelo

In a recent article at The Guardian, best selling author, Robin DiAngelo, offers her critique of why racism persists, particularly within intellectual liberal communities:

“The problem with white people,” she says, “is that they just don’t listen. In my experience, day in and day out, most white people are absolutely not receptive to finding out their impact on other people. There is a refusal to know or see, or to listen or hear, or to validate.”

One of the ongoing challenges for me in my writing is keeping my communication information rich and intellectual, but also simple and useful , which is something DiAngelo has mastered as seen in this video:


The article at The Guardian is found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment